Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Lovin' that Lotus ...

First things first. The blogetogether was great. Met some lovely crafty blogging ladies (and some babies) who I have been wanting to meet for such a long time and believe it or not, they scrub up OK in real life! And they are every bit as witty, charming, clever and did I mention stylish, as their blogs.

It did come to my attention, however, that some people (who shall remain nameless) thought that "tcaovar" was perhaps something in Russian. Firstly, I don't speak Russian. Secondly, they are the initials for the name of my blog. T for The, C for Complete, A for Adventure and so on. And who are Violet & Rose? Who knows. Are they people? Are they flowers? Are they scents or colours? They are all of the above, and they are the name of my little brand/shop. Hope that clears things up for those who thought tcaovar was a type of caviar.
To see more, visit Justine's flick-r shots here.

The venue for our get together was Amitie. Last week I saw that the new Amy Butler Lotus range had arrived in their store. Couldn't wait to get my grubbymitts on it. I had spied this gorgeous pale, almost duck egg blue and slate grey combination and I knew it had to be mine.A very good friend who loves stationery, gave me these two blue notebooks around Christmas and asked me to make her some notebook covers to fit them. They were such a lovely blue and Amy (not Butler, my friend, but hey, what a coincidence!) is a wonderful friend, so I really wanted to search until I found something that did them both justice. I think I hit jackpot. That fabric is so good to sew with and when you combine the prints and get such a great result, well, it's like you've reached fabric nirvana. Am I going overboard? If you sew and you love fabric, you will feel the love going on here.One is A4 size, the other, pictured above, is A5. I put the pen inserts in the A4 but not in the A5. The pocket was too deep for pens, so I just left it as one large pocket, maybe to put loose papers in.
I feel some more of these coming on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment