Sunday, February 4, 2007

Shake your groove thang ...

Yes, my groove thang needs some shakin'. It's taking a while to get back into the swing of things. School is back, kinder has started. Any parent doing the school and kinder pick-up/drop-off thing will know what I'm talking about. I am currently watching an old supermarket turnstile on e-bay. Hope I win it, because I seriously need one at our back door.
I'm joking. But I do need one.

I really do subscribe to the theory behind "The Over Scheduled Child". Big fan of kids being kids. Hanging out. Chasing the dog with buckets of water. It's the bath water, for all you Melbourne people who are sitting aghast at your computers, thinking that I would give my children our precious drinking water to throw on the dog. We do a couple of "extra-curricular" activities that my children really enjoy. But I'm taking a while to get it all together.

Which means that blog posts are less frequent, as the crafting is too.
But I did make a rabbit! 
All recent baby arrivals have been girls. Which means that bunny's in skirts have been a plenty. Not sure what to do with a boy bunny? A scarf perhaps? 
few people have been posting about polka dots lately. I am a recent convert and I must say I can't get enough of them. I always thought of myself as a stripes girl, but something swayed me to the spots and now I am hooked. I bought this fabric, Maywood Studio, for a quilt. But it will be lucky to make the quilt. If you go to the Maywood link, scroll down to the Vintage Flower Garden range. I was a little shocked when I double checked my link to find the "Beary Merry Christmas" range appear. I may be into hand knitted bunny's, but I draw the line at bear Christmas fabric.

I'm hoping that the week ahead proves a little more fruitful for me.
And if you are easily shocked at the risque, please look away from the next photo.
Perhaps if I spent less time on bunny photo shoots and more time on some more constructive endeavours, my groove thang may come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment