Friday, December 1, 2006

Bookends.


I was hoping to post a bit more this week but it became a little hectic. I have another market tonight. Weather is beautiful, mid 20's, and talk around the school is positive, so fingers crossed. And if all else fails, I'll put my goodies on my "Violet & Rose" shop site for sale next week.

I've sewn a few notebook holders over a few late nights this week. Last market I wasn't quite happy with how they were displayed and have been wracking my brain thinking for a better, quirkier way to display. Then I came up with the idea of the bookends. So headed off to Spotlight, bought a V and an R, sprayed them red, and pleaded with my husband to make me the bookends. He came good. Apologies for the picture. It was a bit dull this morning and it was one of those "now or never" shots.
As you can see, they are not very uniform in size. Because the covers are made from sample pieces, they are not cut precisely and I often need to straighten them up, hence the different sizes. But I'm really happy with how they turned out. I love them all stacked up together. All the colours and the patterns. Do you ever make something and then lay it out and just admire it? I had these sitting on our dining room table all morning, just so I could walk past them and pretend to be surprised by them each time I saw them. So surprised I would just stop and admire for a couple of seconds, choose which one I would buy, and then keep going to put the washing out!

I'm not loopy. Really! I'm not. Please tell me that someone else does this too?

No comments:

Post a Comment